Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cool Contest @ Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe!


Shannon Messenger at Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe has surpassed the 400 follower mark! To celebrate, she's running a cool contest that you are going to want in on!!

Listen to the prize...a SIGNED copy of Becca Fitzpatrick's New York Times bestseller Hush, Hush

The drawing will be on March 26th -- SIGN UP TODAY BY CLICKING HERE




And now, because I'm so happy to have made progress on my WIP, after weeks of agonizing writer's block, I want to share this goofy-ass pic with you! Anne at Piedmont Writer was my inspiration, after writing a post yesterday about the tremendous creative gush she enjoyed while working on her new WIP. Something about what she shared struck a chord with me, doors in my head swung open, the fear was dispelled, and IT FELT GREAT!!







[Update: Anne let me know that Sarah over at Falen Formulates Fiction inspired her with the idea to spread out scene cards across her table and plot out some of her novel. I've been reading Sarah's awesome blog for months, and I love her quick wit and creative voice. Especially fun are her Friday posts, when she makes up words and defines them for us. Hilarious! If you don't follow Sarah yet, shoot over there and say hello!]


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I've popped over from Theresa's blog. Nice to see Quillfeather here :o) He's my rooster.

Anne Gallagher said...

Wow, this looks EXACTLY the way mine did, without, of course, the beautiful blond at the table. Congratulations on all your hard work Nicole, it looks TOTALLY awesome. Did it actually help you though? That's the question.

And to be fair, I got this suggestion from Sarah, at Falen Formulates Fiction from a post she did last week, so I really can't take any of the credit. Well, okay, I'll take a little bit of the inspirational credit, how's that?

sarahjayne smythe said...

Hee! You look so cute there. :) And so productive. I may have to give this thing a try. :)

Shelley Sly said...

Congrats on your incredible progress!! And I'm with Sarahjayne, that pic is so cute, "even though I said ONLY the table" haha! :)

Aubrie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following yours now, too! I love literary fiction. I'd read anything you publish. :)

Some of the literary fiction books I've recently read were:

"Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro
The Gathering" by Anne Enright

What are some of your favorites?

Unknown said...

Niki~ How fun it must be to see your rooster go around the blogosphere! So glad you've joined me on this crazy journey -- thanks for following!!

Anne~ It has helped me, a lot! I've broken through the idea road block, and I'm beginning to weave threads of story that I couldn't connect before. It's awesome!

SarahJayne and Shelley~ I have disobedient kids! I told them not to get me in the shot :P

Aubrie~ Welcome!! Thanks for following me! Some of my favorite literary fiction books were written by Truman Capote. I just finished Toni Morrison's Sula, which was amazing (it won the Nobel Prize for Literature), and have you read Mother of Pearl by Melinda Hayes? It's fantastic!

I haven't read the two you mentioned, but I've put them on my to-read list. Thanks for the recommendations!

Kelly@ JustWrite said...

Just started following your blog!! Love it! Congrats on getting past that nasty writer's block!

Kelly@ JustWrite said...

Just started following your blog!! Love it! Congrats on getting past that nasty writer's block!

Dawn Simon said...

Congrats on getting past the writer's block and making progress! The picture is really cute!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to be to this point! Your picture is lovely...very inspiring.