Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Award, Award, and Award

Thank you Julie at Silver Lining for the Sunshine Award! Julie's blog is one of my favorite to read. There's something fluid and engaging in her style of writing that is going to take her FAR in the literary world. If you don't follow her, I hope you sign on today. You'll be happy you did!
Thanks, Abby Annis and DL Hammon at Cruising Altitude, for this beautiful award! I love Abby's energy, and her blog posts are always awesome. Stop by her blog and say "hi!" And DL is a fantastic writer and a great blogger. His commentaries are insightful and often humorous. Visit him today, too!


Here are the Rules to Accept the Award:

1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
2. Pass the award to 5 bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
6. Share 5 things about yourself.


Let's see...five things about myself...all right:

1. I have a brand new nephew! Derek James made his appearance late on March 12th -- and by late I don't mean past his due date! I mean, he was born at 11:41 p.m. after sis was in labor for fifteen hours. Ugh!

2. I take a large freezer bag into the grocery store when I do my weekly shopping. I ask the baggers to put my cold stuff in the bag, which is like a big, soft cooler. That way, when I get home I drag all the groceries from the car to the entryway and then check my email/blog...sometimes taking up to an hour before I put my food away. (Does anyone else have crazy, computer-addicted behavior??)

3. My favorite ice cream flavor is Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk.

4. While researching for my WIP, I recently called a local funeral home and asked for a behind-the-scenes tour. I haven't heard back from them. I suspect they didn't take me seriously, or considered me a crack pot.

5. I prefer plain M&Ms over peanut. However, if they are served in the same bowl, I eat two plain and one peanut at the same time. The chocolate to peanut ration is perfect that way. You should try it.




Thank you, E. Elle over at The Writer's Funhouse, for this totally awesome award! Elle's smart and inspiring posts make her blog a must-read, so be sure to visit her today! I love the inscription that comes with this award: "By definition, a Prolific Blogger 'is one who is intellectually productive...keeping up an active blog that is filled with enjoyable content.'" How uplifting is that?




I'd like to pass these awards on to some of my most prolific blogging peeps. Choose the one you'd like! The following are all fantabulous writers, some of whom I've just met and others who I have grown most fond of! I hope you'll visit their blogs today. If you're meeting someone for the first time, sign on as their follower! Spread the joy :))

Annika @ A Swede Abroad
Hilary Wagner
Julie @ Silver Lining
Kristin Rae @ Kristin Creative
Kat O'keefe @ Words, Etc.
Meika @ Waiting on the Muse
Susan Fields
Steph @ Steph in the City
Amy Holder @ Written in Lipstick
Jade @ Chasing Empty Pavements



26 comments:

DL Hammons said...

Look at you...all awardy and stuff. :P There isn't a more deserving blogger out there!!

As far as computer-addictive behavior goes...I have my iPhone set up to chirp anytime my writer e-mail account receives a message. I'll usually drop whatever I'm doing to check it right away. If you ever want to jerk my chain just send me an e-mail and know I'm fumbling all over myself to read it. :)

Unknown said...

ROFL!! DL, that's awesome! I knew I couldn't be the only one out there who is obsessive in my techie world. Thanks for making me feel un-alone!!

Anne Gallagher said...

Congratulations Nicole, you deserve every one of them. Hey, did you do your outline with colored pencils yet? Keep me posted.

Unknown said...

Hi Anne!! YES!! I got a lot done, and I feel really good about my progress. I'm actually excited to write again! Thanks so much for all your encouragement and inspiration. I'll never think back on this time and not think of you :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats on all the awards - and the new nephew!!

Thanks for the new links to check out :)

Stephanie Faris said...

Wow, thank you! I'll have to work up a blog. I try to combine them all into one so I only have to come up with "interesting" things about myself once!

Mary Gray said...

Ha ha ha. Sorry the morgue never called you back. My friend just told me her dad was a mortician and taught the practice to college students!!

Unknown said...

Jemi~ Thanks!! He's Soooo cute (but I may be a little biased!)

Steph~ I do the same thing, and even so, I feel like I've already listed the things remotely interesting about my life. LOL!

M~ hmmm...maybe your friend's father will talk to me...(LOL) Hey, I just realized I don't follow you -- shame on me! I'm heading your way right now! See ya there--

Kimberly Franklin said...

YAY for awards! Congrats! I've been hoarding mine. Hehe. : )

Talli Roland said...

Happy St Patrick's Day, and congrats on your awards - and your new nephew!

Julie Dao said...

You are so sweet and talented, you deserve every award that you receive and more! Plus I think you have EXCELLENT taste in ice cream and candy ;) Plain M&Ms rule, and so does Ben and Jerry's (I'm partial to the strawberry cheesecake ice cream myself). Congrats on your new nephew, how exciting!

Amy Holder said...

Yay! Congrats on all of your awards, Nicole! They're well deserved! And thanks for passing one along to me! :) I can't wait to showcase it on my blog and pass it along to a handful of others.

Also, congratulations on becoming a new aunt! How exciting! I have a new nephew, too (born at the end of January). So we have that AND a serious computer addiction in common. :)

Hilary Wagner said...

Nicole! You are such a sweetie! Since we get to choose the award we want, my rats have decided for me and our choosing the Stylish Blogger Award! They don't really wear clothes or anything, but they do got mad style!!! Ha, ha! :)

xoxo -- Hilary

Christine Danek said...

Congrats on the awards!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Thanks for following!

Unknown said...

Kimberly~ Ah, a fellow hoarder! Glad I'm not the only one, LOL!!

Talli~ Thanks, sweetie!!

Julie~ Ooh, I love the strawberry cheesecake too! It's the only "fruity" flavor I like!

Amy~ Congrats on the birth of your nephew too! And I'm glad to hear you're a computer addict -- I feel less alone!

Hilary~ Stylish rats!! I love it!

Christine~ Thanks, hon! Happy St. Pat's Day!!

Unknown said...

Hi Caroline!! Thanks for stopping in!

Kristin Rae said...

Congrats on the awards! And thanks for passing one on to me!! :)

Shelley Sly said...

Congrats on your many awards! :D :D Love the freezer bag idea -- I'll have to try that for myself!

Unknown said...

Kristin~ Hey sista, thanks for stopping by!!

Shelley~ I got my freezer bag at Sam's Club, and ice cream stays frozen inside it for up to four hours in the dead of summer, I kid you not! Well worth the $9 it cost!! :))

Unknown said...

Thanks for the award! I decided to go with the Stylish Blogger -- it's a great one, with a built-in blog entry!

Also, I prefer plain M&Ms, too! And Ben & Jerry's is amazing. My favorite is Chubby Hubby :)

Oh, and congrats on the new nephew!!

Unknown said...

Meika~ You're so welcome! I'm happy to have met you and I look forward to reading lots more of your blog! Go plain M&Ms!!!!

Ashley Stone said...

congrats on the awards!

I'm totally addicted to my computer too!

Abby Annis said...

Congrats on the awards! And thanks for the love. You're awesome! :)

Annika said...

Thank you so much! You made me smile big time!!! I will indeed spread that love!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the reward! I too have crazy internet addicted behavior. In fact, right now I'm ignoring my bf to reply to comments! Gotta go! LOL