1. Choose five followers/commenters that 'get' you.
2. Write something fake (preferably not too mean) about them.
3. Link to them, and link back to the award's originating post to comment your receipt of the award.
Today, the Soul Mate Award goes to:
Abby Annis, whose loving husband commissioned a statue in her likeness for a first wedding anniversary present that Abby proudly displays on the front lawn.
Sarah Jayne @ Writing in the Wilderness, who was kicked out of a prestigious mime school in Paris when she kept saying vroom-vroom every time she mimed driving a car.
Laurel @ Laurel's Leaves, who was once chosen from the audience to assist a hypnotist and now hiccups every time the doorbell rings.
Mary Campbell @ Writer's Butt Does Not Apply, who somehow mixed up the seed packets last spring and ended up with a row of Cosmos in the vegetable garden and unsightly stalks of sweet corn lining her front porch.
Kimberly Franklin, who holds the handstand record in the state of Texas -- she broke the record after walking around on her hands for one week, one day, and seven hours. The first thing she did after acknowledging her supporters was go to the bathroom.
Thank you to Amanda @ So Many Story Ideas for the Creative Liar Award! Amanda's a creative woman with interesting things to say, and her blog is gorgeous! I hope you visit her today :)
The rules to this fun award are to write six fabulous lies about myself and two truths. You have to guess which ones are true! I have been terrible at guessing other people's truths; let's see how hard it'll be for you to guess mine (*smile*)
1. I earned my doctorate in Rhetorical Speaking from the State University of New York at Oswego.
2. We have seven pets: a Shitzu puppy named Sammy, a Himalayan Persian cat named Pumpkin, an African Gray parrot named C.J., two love birds called Happy and Mango, a Betta Fish called Mr. Odie, and a frog named Jeremiah that hatched from a tadpole we caught in the pond out back.
3. A ten-foot-long shark swam right alongside me while I was looking for seashells in water up to my knees on the Florida coast.
4. I trained for three months and won at the regional level (Southeastern U.S.) of the Fitness America Competition.
5. I was kidnapped at gunpoint by machine gun-toting rebels during an African civil war.
6. One summer, I juiced three cucumbers a day, and drinking the juice made my hair grow six inches in three and a half months.
7. In 1991, I shook Madonna's hand on the red carpet when she arrived for the premier of Truth or Dare in Hollywood, CA.
8. I speak four languages: English (duh), French, Spanish, and an African dialect called Sango.
I'm passing this award on to bloggers I'm excited to have met this week:
Samantha @ Show and Tell
Gina @ Passions on Paper
Mel @ Ever Flowing Thoughts and Other Randomness
Jaydee @ Jaydee Morgan Blogs
So can you pick out the two truths from all those lies? I'll reveal my truths tomorrow. And while you're playing along, I hope you'll visit the bloggers' sites linked here.
Have a wonderful day!