We're having fun with Pivot's ten question questionnaire, made famous in this country by James Lipton of Inside the Actor's Studio. (Blank questionnaire found here.) Blogfest participants have filled out the questionnaire and pasted it with their answers on their blogs today. Hop from blog to blog and read everyone's answers! I hope you learn something interesting about your blog friends and meet some new people.
Here are my answers. And below that, you'll find Mr. Linky pointing you to other blogs involved in the fest. Let the fun begin!
- What is your favorite word? Torque. The word means, “The measured ability of a rotating element, as of a gear or shaft, to overcome turning resistance.” ...But who cares? It just sounds cool. And even without playing it on any premium squares, ‘torque’ will earn you 15 points in Scrabble. J
- What is your least favorite word? Vain. Vanity is such selfish, inward focus – the polar opposite of the humility I strive for and my desire to project positive energy outward. I also hate vain’s homonym. Having my blood drawn is a traumatic event for me. If I even think too hard about veins, I start to get light-headed. Ack. Next question!
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Beauty in Nature. Seashores, mountain trails, deserts, rain forests. These are the places I always feel the most spiritually aware and creatively inspired.
- What turns you off? Prejudice. I have an innate aversion to any idea or statement that advocates Person ‘A’ is less capable, intelligent, or worthy than Peson ‘B’ on the grounds that Person ‘A’ is of a different gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or political or religious persuasion than Person ‘B’. I don’t care how wealthy, powerful, or educated you are; if you hold prejudiced beliefs, I believe you just don’t get IT.
- What is your favorite curse word? Fuck. I love its versatility and its humor. Fuck effortlessly illustrates how passionate you are feeling in a moment. But, fuck also has the unique ability to diffuse a serious situation, with a splash of campy shock-wit.
- What sound or noise do you love? The first M&Ms to rain down from the just-opened bag into a glass candy bowl. Such a delicious sound!
- What sound or noise do you hate? The land line phone ringing. The land line is primarily for our Internet connection, so its phone ringing rarely preludes a pleasant phone conversation. My friends and family use my cell number to call me. When the house phone rings, it’s bound to be a sales call or an organization trying to raise money. I dislike both interruptions. Maybe I should turn that ringer off…
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Graphic Artist. I love web design, creating images with Paint Shop Pro, and fiddling with HTML and CSS coding. It’s a hobby I would have loved as a career.
- What profession would you not like to do? Nursing. All that drawing people’s blood... and assisting doctors as they perform procedures or attend to injuries on patients like me, who are totally freaked out and feeling nauseous from the sheer anticipation of someone wiggling and then opening their veins… Thank God for Nurses! And thank God, for all my would-be patients, that I’m not one.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome back.
Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to visiting all the participating blogs today. Join me as I hop around! Here's the list of peeps playing along. And remember, add your name if you want:
Post Script: Patti Nielson's link is broken in the Mr. Linky list and I haven't been able to fix it. Her blog is Patti Nielson.
Also, Ink Pots 'n' Quills may have a broken link. Just in case, here's the correct link: Ink Pots 'n' Quills.
Here's another one with a possible broken link: Michael @ In Time...
And another :)) Jolene Perry