Friday, December 10, 2010

Stretch Arms Wide, Crack Neck, Get Ready...Here We Go Again

Me yesterday, after my second full day in the shopping malls.
Me this morning, after a fitful night of sleep (in which the cat did not wake me repeatedly to "clean" my face), ready to brave the stores for a third day.



So that soon I'll be ready for my favorite part: to lovingly wrap all these wonderful gifts in glittery paper, each adorned with festive curly ribbons and topped with candy canes or foil wrapped chocolates and dangling tags.  Some I'll ship to New York, but most will eventually go under our tree...


...where'll they'll be torn to shreds in five minutes flat. *sigh*



Hope your holiday preparations are going well!!!


And hey, before I dash back into the heinous world of tinny, loop-tracks of piped in Christmas music, I wanted to pass this along:

Jessica Bell @ The Alliterative Allomorph is now offering copy editing services on fictional manuscripts.  If you're interested, read more about what she will do for you by visiting  her blog  and clicking the "Editing Services" tab.   


Have an awesome day!


20 comments:

Hannah said...

hahaha, so true! I'm glad I have little to buy this year. I really hates shopping. Although, I love wrapping...hmmm, I'm a conundrum. :D

DL Hammons said...

I'm starting to get upset with these malls for holding you hostage and depriving us of more blog time! But seeing those smiles on Christmas morning is worth yours...and ours...sacrifice. :)

Summer Frey said...

I'm leaving off all ribbons and bows, which are my favorite, until the presents are safely at my in-laws house and away from curious kittens' paws...

LTM said...

argh, you are so far ahead of me... :p

Travener said...

I have done nothing so far. I'll be one of those people shopping desperately on Xmas eve.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm all set for shredding!

Jai Joshi said...

Nicole, you're amazing. Well done for being so on task.

I hate the wrapping part myself. I give gifts wrapped on the plastic bag I bought it in. My friends and family are so used to my hopelessness in this matter that if I do give them something wrapped up nicely with a bow they think I got someone else to do the job!

Jai

Lola Sharp said...

I'm done with the shopping...bring on the shredding!

Mara McBain said...

Hang in there! You can dooo it Nickiii! LOL

The Words Crafter said...

By the time I get around to shopping, it may be spring!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't finished shopping, perhaps next week. Next year I'm going to be more prepared and do more shopping online.

Vicki Rocho said...

I'm about half done, I think. Problem is, I buy things a little at a time and forget about them so when I assemble everything, there's way more than I thought there was!

Jemi Fraser said...

I really need to get out and finish my shopping. I started off great (thanks to daughter and sister), but I'm not nearly done!

Little Ms J said...

I love the shopping and especially the wrapping. I adore the simmering and the baking, cinnamon in the air. I love the fuzzy sweaters and the make up on Christmas Day. Then after presents are ripped through I feel a sense of loss.... Sigh is right.

Have a wonderful time wrapping! My girlfriend offered to wrap all my presents if I paid her. I told her to take a hike.

Luna said...

Wrapping is my favorite part, too! I'm not crazy about shopping with all the impatient and rude people in the stores. I don't like the crowds either. I always say I'm going to start early!

Good luck with the rest of your shopping! Have fun wrapping...:)

Samantha Vérant said...

Like Hannah, I have very little to buy this year too. Um. Did you see the comment above me?

Jill Kemerer said...

I often look like the first picture--overwhelmed! Enjoy the season!

Talli Roland said...

Hope you're taking care of yourself, Nicole, and that the prep is almost all done. Sending healthy vibes your way. :)

Pat Tillett said...

I'f I haven't bought it before Thanksgiving, it isn't getting bought!

Kimberly Franklin said...

Its always sad to see all of your hard work wrapping shredded in a split second. LOL. Oh well. Merry Christmas!