Friday, March 12, 2010

Life (In)Balance

The duality of life is inescapable. There is nothing that's all good or all bad. As a Libra, I appreciate the light and the dark, the joy and the sadness, life and death. I'm earthbound, unable to focus on only one side of the scales. Some days, finding the sacred balances in life prove more challenging.

One sister, bursting with joy, lies in hospital today awaiting the arrival of her first baby. I wish I was there with her.

One sister, her heart in ribbons, checks into hospital this morning, her first baby now nine years old, taken from her. If only I could be there, too.

Angels and demons teeter totter on my scales.

Writing soothes my conflicted soul. Today, I'll remember each character has in her both good and bad, the capacity to succeed and the ability to fail, talents and shortcomings. But above all else, they need love in their lives. No matter what they've done or what they plan to do. All of Life's characters, fictional and real, need love.

20 comments:

Tamika: said...

Thanks for the gentle reminder. I'll sprinkle a little in for them today for sure!

Roxy said...

I agree that love is essential. Knowing you're loved during the joys and sorrows of life gives meaning to the whole journey.

Lola Sharp said...

I think we all struggle with dividing out time and attention, finding the balance between other's needs and our own.
I know you are with both your sister's in spirit. (Thank God for phones.) I will keep them both in my thoughts today.

Have a wonderful and safe weekend,
Lola

Kimberly Franklin said...

I agree 100%. Everyone, whether it be character or person must have love. I believe it is an essential part of our makeup. : )

Anne Gallagher said...

All of God's Blessings to you today my dearest. Your family is in my prayers.

Jemi Fraser said...

My thoughts are with you. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Laurel Garver said...

Praying for your family, and for you navigating the polar-opposite pulls of life and death. So hard. I'd find it easier to enter the weeping than muster joy. Wishing you wisdom in being who you can be in this situation.

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Yes--love is so essential!

Luna said...

Sending happy thoughts your way. You and your family are in my prayers. Take care...

Unknown said...

All of your kind thoughts and prayers are lifting my spirits. Thank you, awesome blogger friends!

((hugs)) Nicole

DL Hammons said...

Beautifully expressed. Thank you.

Abby Annis said...

Beautiful post! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. *hugs*

I have something for you on my blog. :)

Talli Roland said...

Thanks for the reminder, Nicole. Thinking of both your sisters.

sarahjayne smythe said...

I'll be thinking of you and your sisters.

Shelley Sly said...

Nicole, your family is in my prayers. You are a wonderful sister for having so much compassion all at once.

Very thought-provoking post on balance. I never realized it, but I think a lot about these kinds of things too.

Little Ms J said...

Goose bumps. Thinking of you.

Lola Sharp said...

Nicole, I just read your comment on Anne's blog...darlin' you write beautifully.

For realz.

Love,
Lola

Mary E Campbell said...

Life and death in one paragraph. So wonderful about a new life and so horrible for the life lost.
Awesome picture - thanks for the reminder to make each character as distinctive as we are.

Tonya said...

Dear Nicole,

I know how torn your feelings have been for these two special people in your life. I could see how broken you were Friday. But despite all of that, your writing is still beautiful my friend! The way you wrote this post was amazing...

Love, (((hugs))) and prayers!
Tonya