Monday, July 2, 2012

No Longer (New Poem For the Broken-hearted)

No Longer

It’s over,
this day and a lifetime
of love; of love 
have known 
nothing but 
his tender goodbyes.

Hello! Hollow sound
drowned by the roar of the surf,
Solitary footprints in the sand 
gilded in the glow of 
a setting sun, a sun setting 
on my fool’s paradise.

Wash them away, heartless ocean
Tide me over ‘til death, ‘til death…

…Do I part
from dreams unrealized,
when years of hanging on
have failed?

Grasping for the glittering horizon
a risen wind slaps my face
He loves me not
He loves me not
I stare at the waves as they lap at my feet

again and again and again...

Each time the sea ebbs
I sink
a little deeper
until one day
I'll disappear completely.

Enough, enough

Begin anew ~ I pledge
Loyal, devoted dog, I am no longer
No longer willing
to wait for tomorrow’s sunrise
to live.
To live.

~by Nicole Ducleroir, 6/2012~



Thanks for reading!
                                   


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nic, I'm finding inspiration reading and following the peoms of everyday folks like you...so much more to offer in perspective and thought than the more exclusive blubbery of the famed authors. Please keep going!