Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Deja Vu Blogfest Sign-ups!

Announcement, everyone!  *clears throat*   DL Hammons, Lydia Kang, Katie Mills and I are hosting the upcoming Deja Vu Blogfest!  The fest is DL's creation, so below are the deets as presented today on Cruising Altitude 2.0.  Mr. Linky sign-ups right below:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Déjà vu Blogfest


You know one of the things that bugs me the most about the way our blogosphere operates?  It’s the way you can miss some really awesome posts if you have to be away for a while and are unable to keep up with your favorite blogs.  Face it, if you take just a week’s vacation from the blogosphere, you could have missed (depending on the number of blogs you’re following and their frequency of posting) hundreds of quality posts.  It’s really hard to catch up when things get like that, so what I do is read a blogger’s latest post.  You know what that could mean?  The signing of an agent…missed….a book contract finalized…missed…a cry for help...missed...a birth announcement…missed…some other special event in a blogger’s life…gone.  I just shake my head when I think of all of the special posts I’ve missed over time.  And then there are the informative posts about the topics I’m dying to know more about, yep I probably missed some of those as well.

What got me thinking about this (again) was a post I made a couple weeks ago.  It was actually a repost from very early in my blogging career when my followers totaled maybe a dozen.  I felt the post deserved a second chance in front of what is now a broader follower base, and I was right.  It garnered plenty of praise and many commenters thanked me for pushing it back into the light.

Some of my longtime followers (any of you still out there) know that I’ve broached this before.  I even came up with the BLOG RECYCLE STATION where I encouraged fellow bloggers to leave a link to one of their favorite blog posts in the comments of that post.  Innovative, maybe, but now I’m ready to do one better.  Thus I've teamed up with Nicole Ducleroir, Lydia Kang, and Katie Mills to bring you….


THE DEJA VU BLOGFEST
DECEMBER 16
THE DAY TO DO OVER


How will this work?  First, sign-up to participate with Mr. Linky below (or at any of the ladies blogs above), then shout out to all of your blogging friends and encourage them to sign up as well.  Take the badge above and plaster it everywhere, blogging graffiti gone wild.  Then on December 16th all of those taking part will re-post their favorite blog offering, or one that never received the exposure it should have.  Then as the day unfolds and everyone hops from one blog to another, what they will be reading is the best of the best (as determined by you).  That day the blogosphere will be chock full of past writing brilliance!  Encouragement, enlightenment, knowledge, bared souls, stimulation, hilarity, insecurities, success stories!  All on display…the very same day…like no other time before.  Some of them will no doubt be familiar, well-deserving a second read, but a good many will be the first time you’ve seen them.  And it couldn't be any easier to take part...no writing necessary!

Want to make a little blogging history?  Sign up below and start looking through those old posts!  J







                           

         

27 comments:

Unknown said...

I love blogfests and DL knows how to set them up!!! Who doesn't love a little Deja Vu!

Javid Suleymanli said...

It is just a GREAT IDEA! Thanks for creating this blogfest. I certainly participate. Thanks again :)

DL Hammons said...

Some advice to everyone who intendeds to participate...don't wait until the last minute to look through your old posts to search for one to re-post. You'll be surprised how many quality candidates you'll find and a snap decision just won't work.

Which one are you going to re-post?

Bossy Betty said...

Already signed up! Looking forward to it!

Lydia Kang said...

Excellent. This is going to be fun!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I look forward to seeing what everyone chooses to re-post.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've already signed up!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Sure, why not?

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm so excited about this. I signed up on Lydia's blog.

Now which post to choose...

Carol Riggs said...

That's a GREAT idea for a blogfest! I almost joined, but I just don't have the time for it (or don't want to make the time LOL). Good luck, everyone, and I'll be reading your posts in the blogosphere!

Jenn said...

I've never done a blog fest like this--it should be fun!

Arlee Bird said...

I signed up on Lydia's site. It should be easy for me to pick one out of my first month of blogging. I thought most of those posts were pretty decent and no one has read most of them--or at least didn't comment.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Susan ~ Today's Writing Woman said...

Fabulous idea! I can't wait to be a part of this!

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

Wow was my first thought. Yippee second. We got a blogfest! God, they've been thin on the ground of late.

Hee hee. I snatched the banner, signed up and dashed off to post it and forgot to comment. So, good lucj to all of you on this joint enterprise.

best
F

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

I saw this on DL's blog. It's an excellent concept. I hesitate to sign up, though, as I tend to blog really sporadically. DL assures me I can find a post to repost--ha! But I worry that I won't be able to visit all the blogs. I'll think about it!

MISH said...

My first time at your place. I noticed the badge over at Arlee's place and decided to hop over and sign up. This should be lots of fun!
~MISH~

Jemi Fraser said...

I'm in! I'm going to have to find a few minutes to do some searching though!

Hywela Lyn said...

What a good idea, I've had my blog running for about four years, so I'll have to go up in the attic and do some dusting off of the earlier posts to find the best one to use!

Romance Reader said...

A great idea. DejaVu sounds fun. Will look forward to reading along!

Donna K. Weaver said...

What a fun idea for a blog contest.

Joanne said...

Sounds like a fun idea ... Looking forward to lots of good reading that day :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

What a GREAT idea!
I'm so in!

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. I'm not signing up but I'm bookmarking this so I can visit whomever I'm able to that day.
Ann Best, Memoir Author

Nancy Thompson said...

I am so in! I love blogfests and this one sounds divine! I'm so glad I found you! And I'm a new follower, too.

Sarah Ahiers said...

ironically, i really hope i remember to do this

Spanj said...

What a great idea! Now to the decision of what to post...

Green Monkey said...

it truly is a good idea. I often put off my next post because my current post is...in my opininon.. THAT good. Thank you for doing this!