Wednesday, April 28, 2010

TAGGED!!!!

I've been tagged in this fun Q&A game.  Fun!  Thanks to two of my blogging friends who thought of me after filling out the questionnaire below:  Brindle Chase enjoys writing paranormal erotic romances.  Visit her blog today!  And, Christine Danek of Christine's Journey also tagged me.  I love Christine's blog; it's one of my daily must-reads.  Pop over and visit her today, too!


The rules in this fab game are to answer 5 questions, 5 times, and then tag 5 other bloggers.  So here we go:


Question 1: Where were you five years ago?

1. Living in our tiny, "starter" house, dreaming of walk-in closets, pantries, and garages.
2. At my baby sister's wedding -- and just six weeks ago we welcomed their first child into the world!
3. Working out at the stupidist YMCA on the planet.  Group prayer was mandatory before every aerobics class.  Too bad if you were Hindu or Jewish or any other religion...  Oh, and we weren't allowed to say "Namaste" at the end of yoga classes.  Outrageous.
4. On the mall in Washington D.C. for the National Fourth of July fireworks, which were nothing short of spectacular!
5. Visiting Ground Zero in New York.  I'll never forget the silence.


Question 2: Where would you like to be five years from now?

1. Finishing my second novel, the first that I'll try to sell.
2. Querying agents for representation.
3. Writing from various locations on my super-duper MacBook (that I'd better have in five years!)
4. Debt-free.

5. On an exotic island celebrating twenty years of marriage with my wonderful husband.


Question 3: What is (was) on your to-do list today?

1. Write.
2. Get a haircut (It looks fab, in case you were wondering :)  *check*
3. Buy a couple tee shirts at Target. *check*
4. Wash laundry.  *crickets*
5. Pay bills. *check*


Question 4: What five snacks do you enjoy?

1. Chocolate
2. Cascadian Farms Organic Granola Bars (especially Mixed Nuts)
3. Plain, fat-free yogurt with granola sprinkled on top.
4. Apples and peanut butter
5. Homemade chocolate chip cookies....or just the batter


Question 5: What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?

1. Go to the mall for a full day buying whatever I wanted without EVER looking at a price tag.
2. Buy the most expensive MacBook on the market.
3. Pay for education costs for all my children, nieces and nephews, for as long as they want to be in school.
4. Buy a beach house, a mountain house, a dessert house, and an apartment in Manhattan.
5. Create a not-for-profit company that builds and outfits schools, hospitals, and homes in African countries.



TAG!  You people are IT:


Jai Josh, for wearing a low-cut shirt for Cleveage Day
Justine Dell, for helping us all be better at grammar
Magically Ordinary, for sharing with us "Words of wisdom...
A fact of life...after Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F."

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd also love to go to the mall and buy things without having to first glance at the price tag, too. And yay for houses! Never thought about that, but beach/mountain/dessert houses? Who wouldn't want that? :D

sarahjayne smythe said...

I love your list of things you'd do if you were a billionaire. I really love all your lists. :) Great game, great post. :)

Lola Sharp said...

Fun! Thanks for sharing.:o)

I LOVE haircut/blowout days!!

(psst...'accepted' for publication.)

Unknown said...

*blush* Thanks, Lola! WTF is wrong with me today? I think I need carbs, LOL!

Christine Danek said...

I love your list. My laundry is getting into its last cycle as I write. Glad you enjoyed this. :)
I was happy to have read it.

Emily White said...

YMCA stands for Young Men's Christian Association. That particular one may have just been trying to stay true to the original intent of the organization. *shrugs*

And I love your house purchasing ideas! I never thought about the dessert locale, though. That would be interesting.

SeriousMom said...

What a fun game! I ALMOST completed my list today too,

Shelley Sly said...

What a fun list! Thanks so much for sharing, dear! :D

Wendy Ramer, Author said...

I'm right there with you on the Manhattan apartment. All I need is a studio...I don't ask for much, I tell ya!

Unknown said...

Emily~ Thanks for visiting! According to the YMCA's official website, "Today’s YMCAs serve thousands of U.S. communities, uniting 21 million children and adults of all ages, races, faiths, backgrounds, abilities and income levels."

I've worked out in YMCA's over the years in four different states, and I've never been told I have to pray to Jesus Christ before I take a step class. Please don't get me wrong, I am a Christian. But requiring members from different religions to pray as a Christian is disrespectful.

Christina said...

So fun! I really want a MacBook, too! My fingers are crossed I'll get it soon!

Thanks for the tag! Hmmm... need to come up with fun answers!

Jai Joshi said...

Ah man, you got me. Now I'm going to have to think of my answers five times five because there's five questions and I have to answer five times so that's twenty-five answers and then I have to find five bloggers and oh! I'm bad enough at math, Nicole!

Why did you do this to me? I knew flaunting my cleavage was going to get me in trouble.

Jai

Kimberly Franklin said...

Love your answers!! And Macbooks are fabulous, so please don't wait to be a billionaire before buying one!! ;)

Love mine!!

Kristin Rae said...

Love your billionaire plan! Very kind.

Jaydee Morgan said...

Absolutely loved learning more about you :) Good stuff!

Unknown said...

Apple & peanut butter... YUM!!

Yay for Talli, she's so incredible!

India Drummond said...

I'm afraid my "billionaire five" would be decadent and completely senseless.

Enjoyed reading your list though!

Talli Roland said...

Thanks so much for the tag and the shout-out, Nicole! Can't wait to do this! :)

Tonya said...

Finally catching up on blog reading. Yes, your hair looked FAB! (and still does, of course! *wink* & *smile*)