Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's Like We're Soulmates Award

Well, after sparring with Blogger.com all day long, this is the "new look" for my blog. Whatcha think? I wormed my way into the CSS and HTML and figured out how to put my own title on there, but I wasn't able to override the template's Title Page Header configuration. It insists I give my blog a title, but when I typed "One Significant Moment at a Time," it printed it below the PSP text that says the same thing. I couldn't have that twice, so I put "Nicole Ducleroir, Author" on the configuration title line. Then it occurred to me that my blog's name is now "Nicole Ducleroir, Author." (I followed myself to verify.) Sorry for any confusion that may cause :p

On to other things...

This is perhaps the coolest award making its way around the blogosphere right now. I LOVE it! Huge shout out to my soul sista, Anne @ Piedmont Writer for passing it to me. Thank you, Anne!!
Apparently, this award is for people who "get you," which makes it all personal and awesome.

Rules are simple:
Five Recipients.
Make up something (not too mean) about the people you give the award to.
Link to the people you give it to.
Link back to the original award post here.



I'm going to pass it on to these friends I feel "get me" (and who I "get" too!):


1. Julie Dao @ Silver Linings, who this summer plans to backpack across the country and write a short story about every state she visits.

2. Christine Danek @ Christine's Journey, who I suspect has successfully cloned herself. That way she can leave insightful comments on everyones' blogs each day while her clone does the housework and runs errands for her.

3. Summer @ ...And This Time Concentrate, who by coincidence posted a picture of my ex-boyfriend on her blog today. (I'm a discrete woman, so I won't say which one he is...)

4. Shelley Sly @ Stories in the Ordinary, who used to live in the same quaint apartment that Madonna rented when she and a then-husband Sean Penn needed a vacation from the paparazzi.

5. Elana Johnson, who's actually Miley Cyrus (I know! I was shocked too!)



I have a couple more awards to give pass along, but my brain is cyber-fried. I need a break from this computer. Until tomorrow -- have a fab day!


20 comments:

Shelley Sly said...

Nicole!! 1) Love the new look, it's gorgeous! and 2) Congrats on the award, and thank you so much for passing it on to me! I found some of Madonna's old stuff left behind here... Now I'm gonna sell it on eBay, quit my job, and write full time. Ha! ;)

Unknown said...

LOL Shelley! How awesome would that be?? Thanks for liking my new digs; my brain feels like mashed banana...but I think the layout came out sweet!

Anne Gallagher said...

I love the new look Nicole.

I'm still laughing at Shelley's comments.

God I wish we could all have a sleepover. How much fun would we have!!!!!

Christine Danek said...

You are too kind. Thank you and congrats. I love the new look! I wish I had clones to do all this so I could write all day. :)I'm going to Summer's blog to check out your ex.

B. Miller said...

This is my first time to you blog, so I can't comment on the old vs. the new, but I do really like the look of your blog. Great job! Your post made me laugh; I loved reading the "facts" about your chosen award recipients (especially Miley.. I mean Elena!! hee!).

Aubrie said...

I love the new look of your blog! and congrats! That's one awesome award! :)

Sarah Ahiers said...

LOVE the new look! I wish we were all better at HTML so we could really zazz things up.
also, i'm with Piedmont, a sleepover (with liquor) would be awesomesauce

Summer Frey said...

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but they're ALL my ex-boyfriends. So I guess we have that in common too...

Yay! I like the new layout! Very springish, especially with the butterfly template I just gave my Firefox browser (guess they were jealous of Chrome). Anyway, I especially like the little flower/button ribbon thing at the bottom of the post.

Thanks for the award! Can't wait to pass it on. :-)

PS: Sleepover would be awesome. See, you, me and Piedmont are already close enough...teehee! Maybe you could use some of those awesome French culinary skillz.

Shelley Sly said...

Count me in for the sleepover! (Sorry, had to jump back over here to say that) :) :)

sarahjayne smythe said...

Very cool redo of the your blog. :) And congrats on the award.

Elana Johnson said...

Yes, your hard work is amazing. The blog looks great.

And dude, shhhh! Doesn't my wig totally hide who I really am?? LOLOLOL!

Unknown said...

Piedmont~ I agree, we'd have a blast! I could use a good dose of lounging with gal pals right about now!

Christine~ Aww, you don't really have a clone? I was just going to ask if I could borrow her... :))

Hi B. Miller! Thanks for stopping in -- come visiting anytime!

Aubrie~ Thanks, sweetie!!

Falen~ I embraced my inner HTML geek so tight she lost her breath. What a pain in the @$$!! (But I admit, I do love tinkering with computer graphics and design!)

Summer~ Spring is definitely in the air. Maybe that's why I swooned so much over our ex-boyfriends chez toi!

Unknown said...

Elana -- ROFL! Great comeback!! You crack me up, Miley, I girlfriend!

Sarah Jayne~ Thanks, hon!!! You in for the sleepover?? (LOL)

Shelley's in too...damn, what a party that'd be!

Luna said...

The new look is awesome! And I'm saying that with Barney's (from How I Met Your Mother) enthusiasm.

It's fabulous like you and I truly do mean it.

Congratulations on your award!!! :)

Southpaw said...

I'm impressed. Blogger is not easy to configure I don’t care what anybody says.

Stina said...

I love the new look. I'm with you about Blogger not being easy to configure. But at least you didn't spend as long as I did getting it to work.

And congrats on the reward!

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks so neat! I love it :o)

Christi Goddard said...

Heya. The award origin is here:
http://christigoddard.blogspot.com/2010/03/soulmate-award.html

I gave it to anne. :-)

I'm trying to do a social experiment to see how far it goes before it dies and I'm trying to keep track of it through my original post.

Thanks!

Susan Fields said...

Congrats on your award and your new look!

Unknown said...

Christi~ Thanks!! I'll fix it right now!

Chasing the Moon~ Thanks!! It's been a fun project, and it's almost finished...

Southpaw~ You got that right!

Stina~ Thanks!! I can't wait to check out the changes you made to your blog :)

Niki and Susan~ Thanks so much!!