Thursday, February 17, 2011

What a Party!


The Bernard Pivot Blogfest was a phenomenal success, and I want to thank everyone who played along for making the event such a great party!

I made it around to almost all the participating blogs yesterday -- as of last night an astounding 150 of you had signed up!  *waves to all my new friends*  *fist-bumps to all my old friends*   (<-- old?- lol) 

As I made my rounds, I added you to a Word doc list, to kept track of your entries in the giveaway.  If you didn't have an entry posted yet, I made a note on the list.  So, there are still a couple blogs I need to go back and check today, as well as the seven additional peeps who signed up after I logged off last night.  All this to say:  If I haven't commented on your post yet, I'm on my way!

And speaking of the giveaway...I realized I never announced the prizes. #HostFail  So sorry!!  Here's what all you lovelies who signed up for the blogfest are in the running to win:

(Originally, I was only going to offer one prize.  But as you can see, in helping me celebrate 500 followers, my number shot over 600!!  You all SOooooo ROCK!  Thank you for spreading the word and introducing me to new friends.)

In appreciation for all the promoting and support you've showered me with, I'm doubling the prize package so that two names will be drawn, instead of one!  And I'm officially closing the drawing entries as of this posting. So blogfest participants #2 to #157 are eligible for prizes.

Two blogfest participants, chosen by random drawing, will EACH receive:

A $25 Gift Card to Barnes and Noble or Borders Books (your choice)
A copy of Literary Foray, the anthology featuring my short story, and fiction and poetry by these fellow bloggers: Jessica Bell, Matthew Rush (a.k.a Matthew MacNash), Adriana Noir, Mara McBain, and Noelle Skeldon.
YAnd, assorted goodies J

I'll announce the winners tomorrow around noon!  Remember, those of you who had my blogfest logo on your sidebar have your names in 5X!  Good luck to everyone!

Now, I'm off to visit those last blogfest entries, and then I'm having lunch with Summer Frey!!  Can't wait!

Have a fab day, everyone!!!

                                    

39 comments:

Samantha Vérant said...

It was a smashing success! Clinky, clinky. Thanks for hosting!

j.m. neeb said...

Thank you soooo much for hosting! That was a simply fabulous idea and a tremendous amount of fun!! :)

Lola Sharp said...

It was fun! :)

Give Summer a big hug for me.

Love you,
L

Summer Frey said...

It was really fun! I loved the variety in the answers--especially the favorite curse word. :)

Looking forward to later!

walk2write said...

Sorry I missed it! So much going on here. I really do admire you hosts of these fests. It must take an enormous effort and amount of time to pull it off. Hope to participate next time you have one.

Shannon said...

Thanks for hosting it, Nicole! It was a lot of fun. I'm still making my way around to the blogs and having fun meeting new people in the process. Thanks again!

Cherie Reich said...

It was so much fun reading everyone's answers. Great blogfest, Nicole! And, wow, over 600 followers, that's awesome!

Sarah Ahiers said...

Aww! I want to have lunch with you awesome ladies!
Sigh.

For reals, though, this blogfest was awesome. It was easy to participate in and a lot of fun!

Corinne O said...

This was so much fun! I am only about halfway through the list and won't. stop. until. i. have. seen. them. all. MUAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHH!

Thank you Nicole. :)

Lauri said...

Thanks for hosting this! It was really fun to think about the questions and to see what everyone came up - I'm still visiting blogs and finding some great ones! Thanks again.

Charity Bradford said...

Nicole, you rock! I'm amazed you made it to all of them. I divided my time between the BPB and the Crusaders and I still haven't finished one of those lists!

You are a rock star for sure!

Michael Di Gesu said...

It was such fun Nicole,

I can't believe you visited all the sites in one day! Impressive!

GOOD LUCK to everyone!

Michael

Rae said...

Sorry, All! I was having internet problems yesterday and didn't make it! But, can't wait to read all your entries. So sad I missed the party! :(

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed participating in this meeting of the minds- thank you for letting me be a part:).

Rachna Chhabria said...

Hi..I just came to know about your blogfest. Let me tell you that I really enjoyed reading the few entries I managed to read.

Jen said...

Thank you so much for hosting this! I had so much fun and got to know so many other bloggers :D

It was definitely a success!!

Margo Benson said...

600+ WooHoo!! I had such fun with this blogfest, it appealed to SO many people. I found everyone's answers fascinating! Thank you.

RosieC said...

Wow, really? I didn't realize you'd gotten close to 160! That's amazing. And congrats on surpassing 600 :)

Good luck to everyone who entered. The prizes look great.

Golden Eagle said...

I really enjoyed reading the entries I came across! It was a great idea for a blogfest. And congratulations on 600+ Followers!

Kittie Howard said...

Nicole, you know how to throw a party. Thank you for the invitation. I met so many nice people at your fantastic party!

And thank you for the follow-back. I'm really pleased to meet you. Oh, about cuss words, my father said that 'buff' was stronger than the f-bomb during WWII. So, Buffy the Vampire Slayer could be a tongue in cheek play on that era.

Talli Roland said...

Thank you for the wonderful blogfest - it was loads of fun! :) Hope you and Summer had a good lunch!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Those are some cool prizes.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Thanks for hosting such a fun blogfest. And thanks for following me!

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting.
This will be interesting to read. Good luck.
Nahno ∗ McLein

Southpaw said...

I had a lot of fun and I’m still visiting blogs!

Gail said...

You got to everyone's blog???? Oh, you are good! I'm still working through them :-) Keeping my fingers crossed!

John Wiswell said...

A sweet prize pack, and very sweet of you to double it. I'm still going around blogs. It's interesting to see who reciprocates.

Matthew MacNish said...

Wow, awesome! Thanks so much for the great questions Nicole.

Ayuni said...

That is very nice blog fest, i enjoying myself following each blogs that participated!

Anonymous said...

I'm making my crusader rounds...we're in the same group and we're both Nicole's. How cool. Now following!

Nikki

Jules said...

Congrats on your 600. Thanks for the fest truly a fun event, no prize necessary :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Kari Marie said...

Congratulations on 600! Thanks for hosting such an awesome blogfest.

Candyland said...

You're amazing. But, I already knew that. Congrats on surpassing 600:)

Anonymous said...

I'd, um...recommend taking the B&N card over the Borders card right now. Just sayin'.

;)

Theres just life said...

Like a lot of others I am still going through the list.
Thanks for hosting the blogfest. I have had a great time and gained 11 followers myself.

To tell the truth I was having so much fun I forgot there was a contest, too. But don't take my name out okay.

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Congrats on your successful blogfest!!! I'll have to pay more attention so I can participate. :)

Christopher said...

You held an awesome blogfest, I really had a great time with it.

Arlee Bird said...

Highly successful blogfest and it was fun. Thanks.

Lee
the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

Jenni Merritt said...

Awesome, can't wait! This was fun to do. Thanks for hosting it!!