Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Handwriting Game -- Tagged!

I love looking at the penmanship of fellow bloggers through the Handwriting Game.  Secretly, I've had my fingers crossed that someone would tag me.  Big thanks to RaShelle @ A No. 2 Pencil, Stat! for hearing my silent plea. Thanks for the tag, RaShelle!!

Here goes:
[Click to enlarge :)]



Write down (by hand!) on a piece of paper the following:

1. Name, Blog Name
2. Right handed, left handed, or both? 
3. Favorite letters to write 
4. Least favorite letters to write
5. Write out "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"
6. Write in CAPS: BABOON, SPLENDOR, ONOMATOPOEIA, FLIP-FLOPS, HUZZAH!
7. Favorite song lyrics 
8. Tag 7 people
9. Whatever else strikes your fancy 

The seven people I'm tagging are:


I'm going to have another week of scarce blog time.  It's all good, because I've advanced to the next round of a month-long creative writing contest in which there remains just five contestants.  Our challenge this round is to write a speculative fiction short story (due Oct. 3) with this prompt:  Practice is nothing to sneeze at.  Yeah.  Wish me luck!!

In addition, I'm knee-deep in WiP writing and critiques with my lovely and uber-talented crit partner. (*waves to Jess*)  And, there's that other thing...due Thursday.  Soooo, busy week.  I'll read as many blogs as I can get to -- and try to comment on a few too.  Know that I'm thinking of you all, missing our regular interactions, and looking forward to the days ahead when I have a bit more time for the stuff I love.  Until then, ciao!!





29 comments:

Liza said...

You sound busy! Good luck with all your writing!

Jessica Bell said...

You're a lefty! :o) Wow! I had no idea! Your writing is beautiful by they way.

JE said...

I'm a lefty!!! See how pretty our writing is? ;-)

~JD

Roni Loren said...

Fun meme. :) Your doodles look way more sophisticated than mine ever could, lol. Good luck with all your projects!

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss nicole! i love that doodle. if you couldnt be a writer you could be a drawer. wow sounds like youre soooo busy doing all that writing stuff. i hope you get lots of it done so you could be here with your blogger friends more.
...smiles and hugs from lenny

Nicole Zoltack said...

Wow, you have beautiful handwriting! And I love the doodle too. Good luck with your projects. :)

Carolyn V. said...

You have such beautiful writing! Good luck with your creative writing contest. How cool that you are advanced to the next round! =)

Lola Sharp said...

Dude, you have mad artistic skills! (I can't draw to save my life.) I ♡ your doodle!

I also love that song.

And, your penmanship is lovely.

CONGRATS on making the next round!
Love,
Lola

Windy Aphayrath said...

I always love to see these posts, I find handwriting fascinating!

kah said...

Neat! First time I've seen the handwriting post thingy. Very interesting. And I love your doodle :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck on all the writing, good lady! I know how it feels to be a tad overwhelmed with the self-imposed deadlines. You'll get there one word at a time. :)

Laurel Garver said...

Congrats on your progress so far in the writing contest! How exciting!

And you have the most lovely southpaw writing I've ever seen. My hubby is a lefty as are several of my closest friends, and their penmanship is terrible!

LTM said...

if only I'd known--I'dve sent you that ages ago!!! you have beautiful handwriting... and I like that little drawing. :o) <3

Candyland said...

You're handwriting is so pretty! I can barely read mine.

N. R. Williams said...

Cool writing thing and good luck on the writing contest.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vicki Rocho said...

LOVE your doodle!!! I'd put him on a T-shirt...just need a fun caption to go with it!

Thanks for thinking of me. This handwriting thing is one of my favorite pass-it-ons!

Gardner West, private eye said...

Your writing is much prettier than mine;] Penmanship was never my best subject. We used fountain pens with inkwells. Messy for first graders. I made a lot of blobs.

Thanks for tagging me! I'll try to make it legible.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I guess everyone's going to see how how bad my handwriting is then.

Sandy said...

Oh, you have the prettiest handwriting -- I especially love all your loops (g and f!) and your capital letters. *admires*

It sounds like you have a lot of things going on; good luck with everything!

Kimberly Franklin said...

You're handwriting is so pretty! And I love the doodle character. So cute!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

It sounds like a busy week for you. I agree with Jessica, your handwriting is endearing. I'll see if I can figure this out since you tagged me :)

Anonymous said...

Great handwriting and doodle.

Here's to productive writing time!

Jai Joshi said...

What fun! You can tell a lot about someone through their handwriting.

Jai

Jade @ Chasing Empty Pavements said...

Thanks for the tag!!! This is a fun one, I'll be posting mine soon!

VR Barkowski said...

Such a graceful hand, and I love your doodle. Best of luck with the creative writing contest! have no idea where I'd even begin with that prompt...

Samantha Vérant said...

Oy! My writing is chicken scratch compared to yours. I'm right there with you re: busy week and w/end. I'm betaing two novels - one memoir, one ya- and trying to finish up my memoir. yikes. look at the time. gotta go! good luck with your wip and short story.

DL Hammons said...

Not bad for a Southpaw! Don't ask me how, but your handwriting matches you. :)

Shelley Sly said...

Hey Nicole! Sorry I haven't been around here much lately, but I just wanted to stop by and say you have gorgeous handwriting, and I love the drawing! Hope you're doing well! :D